U.S. 1 and Aviation Boulevard Project
SR 5 / US 1 at Aviation Boulevard Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study
Indian River County, Florida
Project ID: 441693-1-22-02
Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM) Number: 14475
Florida Department of Transportation, District Four
This project is funded by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) through the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
The existing US1 and Aviation Boulevard intersection operates at the maximum capacity and needs intersection improvements to address projected traffic demand with the overall growth of the area around the hospital and Vero Beach Airport. FDOT is considering 6 alternatives to improve the functionality of the intersection. One alternative will add additional at-grade turning lanes on US 1 at the intersection of Aviation Blvd. The other alternatives construct overpasses (bridges) or a twin intersection.
Why is a PD&E Study performed?
- To determine the best alternative to address the purpose and need
- To evaluate the potential environmental and social effects
- To include public participation to help shape the project
- To comply with federal, state, and local laws
During the PD&E Study:
- The community will have several opportunities for input on the project
- Project effects to the environment will be avoided or minimized
- Coordination with federal, state and local agencies will occur
- Project reports and plans will be available for public view
The City of Vero Beach hosted a Public Information Meeting on February 8 regarding the project. The City values the comments from property owners and citizens. The City is formulating a formal position on the proposed intersection project. City Council will be considering a resolution at a future meeting.
To comment on the project, complete the COMMENT SHEET for the project. Please complete the comment sheet and provide information on a preferred alternative(s) and any concerns regarding potential impacts on your property by the alternatives. You may email the comment sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it the address on the form.
Please contact the City Planning Office, if you have any questions.
1053 20th Place
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Phone: : 772-978-4550