- 2:00 P.M. Various Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- 1053 20th Place
City Hall Council Chambers
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Robert Jones - Chairman - Appointed by Anthony W. Young in November 2020
- John Smith, Vice Chairman - Appointed by Laura Moss in November 2020
- Kathryn Barton - Appointed by Rey Neville November 2021
- Scott A. Nuttall - Appointed by Joe Graves November 2021
- Gene Wadell - Appointed by Robbie Brackett November 2020
- Jan Williams, Alternate #1
The Finance Commission shall review City monthly financial statements and reports and advise the City Council of any negative trends; review and advise the City Council on any loans; review and make recommendations as to budget formats; make recommendations as to selection of accounting firms and bond counsel; and review City investments. The Finance Commission may be called upon from time to time by the City Council to provide oversight of any transaction. The Finance Commission may consult with the Finance Director and other City department heads and employees as it finds necessary. In performing its mission, the Finance Commission shall initiate its own proposals, make recommendations, and provide alternatives to the City Council. Any regular voting Commission member may request the City Clerk to coordinate with the Commission Chairman the placement of items on the Commission agenda and/or request a Commission meeting. Meetings may also be called by the City Council to review issues prior to City Council deliberations. The Finance Commission shall meet at least once every quarter. An annual review of pension funds will be performed by the Finance Commission with recommendations made to the City Council. All members of the Finance Commission shall be residents of the City.