The City of Vero Beach is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
Applications are accepted for open positions only, and must be fully completed.
Resumes only are not accepted in lieu of an application; however, one can be submitted as supplemental information.
Some positions may close without notice; therefore, it is the applicant's responsibility to contact the Human Resources Department regarding the status of the application.
If a section of the application does not apply to you, put N/A.
Due to the reduction in our staff and the volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please check the status of the job you are interested in on by returning to the website for updates. You also can get updates from the job line at 772-978-5027.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Work Place
The City of Vero Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
- The City offers health and life insurance (cost is paid by the City) to its employees. Family health insurance coverage available through payroll deduction.
- Annual leave accrues at the rate of 10 working days per year for the first 5 years. Thereafter, and gradually, leave accruals increase until an employee is accruing 25 annual days per year at 20 years of service to the City.
- Medical leave accrues at the rate of 12 days per year.
- The City observes 11 holidays per year.
- The City offers both a pension plan and a tax deferred savings plan.
- Education reimbursement may be available to employees interested in pursuing a degree.