Sports / Aquatics and Aerial Antics Circus Summer Camps
REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 1, 2019 AT LEISURE SQUARE!
The City of Vero Beach Recreation Department’s goal is to provide a safe, secure and fun environment with supervision. Camps offer opportunities for youth ages 6 to 12 (must have completed kindergarten and be 6 years old before June 3, 2019 –no exceptions – must bring birth certificate for proof of age) to make new friends and spend their school breaks participating in recreational and educational programs.
Weekly activities for both camps include swimming, movies, arts and crafts, bowling, skating, and much more! Sports campers will play volleyball, tennis, kickball, football, soccer and basketball. Aerial Antics campers will receive instruction in gymnastics, dance, circus aerial (trapeze, rings, hoop, etc.), tumbling and circus arts.
All camp staff are Recreation trained, Level 2 background screened and certified in CPR and First Aid.
Lunch is provided for the 9 weeks of Aerial Antics and Sports/Aquatics Camp. Concessions will be sold during all camps. No extended day program will be offered. Please see camper registration form and camp information packet for details. Call 772-770-6500 or stop by Leisure Square for more information.
Dates and Time:
Both camps begin:
- June 3, 2019 and end August 2, 2019 (9 weeks).
- No camp Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- Drop off is from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Camp activities are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Pick up is from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Registration & Deposit;
3705 16th Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
A $15 deposit is required upfront for each week the child is registered to attend camp.
The last week that the child is registered to attend camp is also to be paid up front.
Cost per week:
- $95 – City Residents, $130 – Non-city Residents. Weekly cost includes all activities and lunch.
- Register for summer camp during the month of March and receive a $10 discount for each week of camp paid for!
Annual Antics Youth Circus – Centennial Style!
- Aerial Antics Campers will perform in the 45th Annual Aerial Antics Youth Circus on August 1, 2 and 3, 2019 at Saint Edward’s School. Showtime each evening is 7:00 p.m. Tickets will go on sale beginning June 24, 2019 at Leisure Square and Riverside Racquet Complex. Tickets are $8 – adults and $7 – children and seniors.
Junior Staff Volunteer Program:
Junior Staff volunteers serve as role models; help mentor campers, and lead basic camp activities. Colleges, work environments, clubs and social groups require effective leadership to succeed. Our Junior Staff program is designed to provide valuable experience for mature teens in all areas of recreation including performing arts, guidance, sports, and safety. The Junior Staff Volunteers will assist Leisure Square Specialty Summer Camp Counselors in one of 2 specialty camps. You must be 13, 14 or 15 years old to participate. This is a great way to train for future camp counselor positions. For more information contact Jeff Matthews at (772) 770-6500.
Registration begins March 1, 2019. Fee for the entire 9 weeks of camp is $250. All applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance and background screened prior to participation.