The mission of the Recreation Department is to provide, publicize, maintain, schedule and operate city recreation facilities and programs for the use of residents and visitors of all age groups, in accordance with a fee schedule set by City Council. The Department is to provide trained, certified water safety personnel at city beaches and aquatic facilities; to maintain playgrounds; and to provide funds to maintain city parks.
The Department is to administer the City of Vero Beach Recreation Department and staff including budgeting, staffing, requisitioning and the administration of trained, certified water safety personnel at city beaches and aquatic facilities.
The Department is to provide a Citywide Recreation Program Delivery System utilizing city recreation staff and facilities.
The Department is to provide ADA accessibility to users of recreation facilities and recreation programs.
Programs and Activities
The Vero Beach Recreation Department encourages and welcomes everyone to participate in the programs made available by the Recreation Department. We will make every effort to accommodate special needs within the framework of the activities. Financial assistance is available. All programs and activities listed on this website are open to all residents of Indian River County, regardless of location. For the convenience of beach-goers, a specially-designed wheelchair is available for use at South Beach Park. For more information, call the Recreation Department at 772-567-2144 or Leisure Square at 772-770-6500.
Please note: No refunds will be made. Credits will be given to apply to next session activity or department activity.
View Interactive Maps of the City of Vero Beach's Parks.
Did You Know?
- A “city” resident lives within the City limits of Vero Beach and/or owns real estate in the corporate limits of the City of Vero Beach.
- A “non-city” resident lives within Indian River County.
- Proof of residency: Voter Registration, tax receipt, electric bill (however, some non-city residents pay City of Vero Beach utilities)
- Are you covered? The City of Vero Beach does not carry medical or accident insurance for its participants. The cost would make fees prohibitive. Please review your own personal health insurance plan to be certain that you & your family have proper coverage.
- Gift Certificates are also available.
- Beach wheelchairs are available free of charge during guarded hours at our beaches. Call 234-8375.
- Sales tax will be added to fees, where applicable.
- Our facilities and playgrounds are substance/tobacco/vaping free recreation complexes. No smoking in any area.
- Classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Make up days will be scheduled if possible.
- All fees are subject to change without notice.