Monte K. Falls, Director
The mission of the Department of Public Works is to provide professional leadership, management and detailed guidance in the execution of civil engineering policies and programs.
The goals of this mission are to:
· Provide the mission services in the safest and most economical manner for the citizens of Vero Beach.
· Provide the mission services and continue to promote the quality of life expected in the City of Vero Beach.
· Provide professional civil engineering, surveying, and G.I.S. services to other divisions within the Department of Public Works and other departments within the City of Vero Beach.
· Assist other City departments in implementing Code of Ordinance objectives.
· Provide staff services for managing streets, storm drainage, parks, and the cemetery.
· Issue right-of-way permits and inspect construction in the City’s right-of-way.
· Coordinate public improvements with other agencies.
· Provide information to the citizens of Vero Beach concerning public works matters.
· Field and resolve complaints from the citizens of Vero Beach relative to public works matters.
· Update the Code of Ordinances as they apply to public works.